Tyre is the earliest marine capital in Phoenicia. Tyre is an earliest Phoenician capital and the renowned origin of Europa and Elissa (Dido). It is one of the earliest cities of Phoenicia and is first found on the Biblical Timeline around 2300 BC
Nowadays it is the 4th main capital in Lebanon and has one of the state’s most important harbours. Tourism is the main business. The capital has numerous ancient places, including its Roman Hippodrome, which was an addition to UNESCO’s listing of World Heritage Sites in the year 1979.
Quickly See 6000 Years of Bible and World History Together
Unique Circular Format – see more in less space.
Learn facts that you can’t learn just from reading the Bible
Attractive design ideal for your home, office, church …
In What Part of the Bible was Tyre Mentioned?
- 2 Samuel 5:11; 1 Kings 5:1; 2 Chronicles 2:3. A hospitable union was engaged between the Hebrews and Tyrians, who were long ruled over by their native kings during the time of David.
- 2 Chronicles. 2:7,14. Both Tyre and Sidon renowned as merchants of glass shops, dyeing and weaving firms.
- Isaiah 23:1; Jeremiah 25:22; Ezekiel 26; 28:1-19; Amos 1:9, 10; Zechariah 9:2-4.Prophets repeatedly criticised the city’s wickedness and idolatry and predicted its final destruction.
- Acts 21:4. Here a church was founded soon after the death of Stephen, and Paul, on his return from his third missionary journey spent a week in intercourse with the disciples there.
Biblical Significance of Tyre – What Made it Historical?
- It was only in the City of Tyre where a stone called murex shell can be found. This was used during the ancient times to make purple dyes for clothes. It was considered to be a costly procedure to make clothing for royalties during the time of Christ.
- It was one of the regions in Tyre where Christ visited and healed the Canaanite woman’s daughter. This was also the same place where God sent Elijah and was fed by a widow.
- This was the same place where Jesus pronounced judgement. He said that the people in Tyre should have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. * Paul had sailed in Tyre and met several disciples there.
- This was the same city where Jesus and Paul ministered their works.
- Unique circular format - over 1,000 references at your fingertips on this wonderful study companion
- Discover interesting facts - Biblical events with scripture references plotted alongside world history showcase fun chronological relationships
- Attractive, easy to use design - People will stop to look at and talk about this beautifully laid out Jesus history timeline poster ideal for your home, office, church ... Click here to find out more about this unique and fun Bible study tool!