What’s Going On World Wide and Why? What’s the point?
Other world events. Most of us have bits of history floating around in some kind of hazy mess; like looking at an out of focus picture. Some parts are less blurry but the picture as a whole doesn’t make sense. Using a Bible timeline with World history on it as well brings it all into sharp focus. We see the whole not just random bits.
When we discover that Daniel and Confucius lived at the same time, or that the Greek poet Homer and Solomon lived in the same century, we begin to connect all those bits of history into a solid map in our minds. These aren’t isolated events happening “somewhere in time.” History is a series of connected events all under God’s direction.
What about Abraham? We see the roots of today’s conflicts and confluences in his day. The legendary Chinese spiritual leaders whose teachings are now being revived (Daoism); the spread of the Indo-German tribes, the beginnings of the Babylonian empire that would play such an important part in the future of Israel and stand as a symbol throughout the Bible to avoid worldliness.
We see the eternal conflicts between God and false Gods, between a covenant people and worldly kingdoms set up during Abraham’s time. By following these lines on down through time, we can see where they begin, rise in power, conflict with others, die out or continue to today.
Why. We see God’s hand dealing with all of His children, the descendants of Noah, scattered across the globe to bring about the saving of the human family through Jesus Christ. That’s your why.
We see His hand orchestrating major events to bring about prophetic promises of blessing or cursing. Especially now during the wrapping up years as the entire world is in contact and relationship with each other. Now we see His hand played out on a world stage, all of that history coming together into one grand finale. A Bible World History Timeline gives us that whole world view of God’s plan.
There are your five steps.
1. Teach or study your principle.
2. Orient the story in time. Place it in order on the timeline. Place it geographically.
3. View the overlap and what that tells us.
4. Consider other events going on in the world at the same time.
5. Why. See it all as part of the God’s great plan for man.
Now that’s powerful study and teaching.
Learn All About The Amazing Bible World History Timeline
Three Days to Get The Most From Your Bible Study Timeline – Day 1
Three Days to Get The Most From Your Bible Study Timeline – Day 2
Three Days to Get The Most From Your Bible Study Timeline – Day 3
- Unique circular format - over 1,000 references at your finger tips on this wonderful study companion
- Discover interesting facts - Biblical events with scripture references plotted alongside world history showcase fun chronological relationships
- Attractive, easy to use design - People will stop to look at and talk about this beautifully laid out poster ideal for your home, office, church ... Click here to find out more about this unique and fun Bible study tool!